Tuesday 19 July 2011

Raspberry delight!

You knew it was coming didn't you...

I promise - this is the last School Days Coat you will see for some time!


So, coat number three.
All went pretty much the same as the last two, many pieces but lovely pattern and easy to put together.


To get her to smile more naturally I asked her to think of something that makes her happy. The response "Mummy sewing me this coat makes me happy."

She'll go a long way that kid!

This wool was quite a bit thicker than the last two - I got it from the Geelong Wool Mill about 15 years ago I think. (Does anyone know if they still have a sales area?? I couldn't find them last time we were there??)

As 'The Guy Who Lives Here' said, I've been waiting to make this coat for a long time! He was right.


Here's a shot of the lining, with a blurry headed child.
(Who appears to be poking her belly out!)


Miss A chose well for the lining, very impressed with this Japanese Lawn from Spotlight, the colours match perfectly, I adore it.

She was a super-shopper - in and out in no time at all.


She loves it too - this is the size 8 - so again, it will fit next winter.


So there they are all together - warm and snug for what's left of winter!

I think I might pull out a few summer patterns now and make a start on the next season.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colour of this one. Lucky Miss G! She is going to have the loveliest of hand-me-downs in years to come.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! 3 Gorgeous girls in the beautiful coats that their fabulous mother made them! :)
I actually think I love the colours in the last one the best... (for me) but Miss L and Miss G's coats suit them superbly (L just glows!).
Love the dress Miss A chose to put under her coat ;)
Great Job Karen!!! You rock.
S xo

Lyndel said...

Oh Karen, they are all so gorgeous! well done you. Sorry I missed you on Monday, catch up next time.

Cass said...

I have to say I think this one is my favorite

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

I love them all, but this colour has to be my fave! Well done :) love her village frock, too!

Miss Prudence said...

They just turned out so wonderfully! I would love one for me! LOL
Sorry I counld ge thtere Mon and I won't be able to make the next due to volunteer commitments (I have meetings) but i am champing at the bit to get back

SandyN said...

Wow LOVE the jackets.... Your girls are just beautiful too.


Sandyn

Liz said...

They are all lovely Karen, they look so warm and snuggly, perhaps I need one up here..?
The Geelong Wool Mills closed down a few years ago, they didn't move anywhere else which is a bit of a pity. I used to go there quite a bit with Mum and there were always good bargains...
Lizzie
xxx

cherri said...

OMG that is my favourite so far - I love red! She looks sooo happy and did choose really well for the lining.

P.S.) I love the dress underneath - is that the village Frock dress? I have been searching high and low for that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous coats

Anonymous said...

I truly love these, you've inspired me!

Megs said...

Like I said over on flickr - think this one is my favourite too! And isn't your littlest little miss going to have quite the coat collection for the next 5 years! a new colour every season just about. Seeing these gorgeous coats makes me what to give them a try, I'll see if I can fit it in sometime??

Unknown said...

Gosh you have such an attractive family! Must be a joy to sew for these lovely little ladies! xx

Tanya said...

they are all fantastic, I love seeing the girls standing all together looking snug in their beautiful coats. Yey for sisters and clever mums!

ARTwendy ... said...

Perfect ...

Kylie said...

How cute do they all look - Forget Summer, I think that I need to start making things now for next winter (I am going to Freeze)