Wednesday 29 January 2014

The 52 Project


There's a little bit of mischief in this one...

I started this project last year with great intentions - but I found that I didn't want to 'force' the portraits of the girls and that at times that is what I would have had to do to get a portrait of them every week.

Waiting for the waves to come into the sandcastle...
That said I could have done better than I did!

Hard at work on something for yourself, honing your skills

"Go on puss, jump - it's safe. I'll catch you"

So I am having another go at it - I've started off slow as much of our summer has been spent with either water or sand - or both. Not the ideal environment for a camera.


A Scrabble champ in the making
This means a lot of our summer fun has been enjoyed but not captured in a photograph.

No more training wheels

These two are demons in the surf, taking on bigger and bigger waves each day

I've decided to share a few pics from the last four weeks - encapsulating 1 - 4/52.
I promise I will try harder from here on...


Slippin' and slidin'

Water baby all her life

Make a kite from a paper bag then fly it on the beach; instant fun.
In another few days the girls go back to school and the routine returns.
In some ways we all need that, but boy it's nice just to disappear into the waves and sand for a few days.

How was your summer holiday?

2 comments:

ARTwendy ... said...

gorgeous narrative images of your girls summer days ...

Sally said...

So many fantastic shots ... and more importantly - wonderful memories captured.